April 27th sorties Empty April 27th sorties

Post  Hooves Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Hooves
Hooves
Leading Aircraftman

Back to top Go down

April 27th sorties Empty OUTSTANDING!!

Post  Speed Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Hooves, you're combat cameraman extraordinaire!

Great work. Only thing else I can add it "MORE" . Too cool. Except for the kamikaze act. Great close up of that! I definately mussed my hair on that one.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

April 27th sorties Empty Re: April 27th sorties

Post  Hooves Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:20 pm

yeah that ram was awesome! Im glad I caught it on camera! lol
Hooves
Hooves
Leading Aircraftman

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:37 am

Nice!

Watching that really highlights out just how inadequate my system and skills are. Wish I was there.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hooves Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 pm

were on all the time, I think with the latest crop of recruits the squadron is forming up nicely
Hooves
Hooves
Leading Aircraftman

Back to top Go down

April 27th sorties Empty Take time to learn and have fun doing it

Post  Speed Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:26 pm

StiC

Some of the guys in the Sqn have been flying these sims for eight to ten years and some of us, aka me, have just cracked the twelve month period so the learning curve is being shared by many of us. I joined to have fun with you guys, I don't care about the skill level, if we learn to fly as a Sqn and support one another's skills, then we'll have fun and kick the crap out of the other guy!

Besides, were else can you star in one of Hoove's movies and demonstrate to the world your "lack" of flying skills. What the hell, when I heard the guys laugh at my stupid move, it was worth the 30 seconds of embarrassment.

Hey, just today after my engine (read computer) died, I got back on and just practiced compass settings and flying a bearing. This is still something I need to practice and can't do that with Jerry peppering my ass.

Enjoy my friend, enjoy.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks DNR, I appreciate that.

I hope you guys don't take that post to mean I'm becoming frustrated. It's videos like the ones posted here that inspire and motivate me to do better.

I've been attracted to WWII air combat nearly all of my life and for years I played games like Secret Weapons over Normandy or Crimson Skies, not willing to commit to a serious sim. Now, like some midlife crisis, I have finally given myself to what I've truly been looking for all those years.

I'm just getting started.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Absolutely what DNR said.

You get better by flying. For most of us, flying a serious sim like this is a stretch and add combat to the mix and the learning curve is immense.

We're doing much better for the simple fact that we have more active pilots. All it takes is for you to be on at the same time your wingmen are. The key is to get comfortable flying with and tracking your wingmen. One of you attacks, the other covers his ass. The next engagement, switch it up. This will extend your ammunition significantly as well as extend your life.

If it's a two on two engagement, I still recommend spending as much time covering the lead plane as possible before going after the secondary target. Simply because the other guy is already yelling at his wingman to 'get this guy off me'. As soon as he goes in for your wingman, you engage him. If he engages you first, disengage from your wingman and begin the fight with the enemy on your six. If your wing lead is experienced, he'll have you break off before it's a problem.

COMMUNICATION with your wingman is key - both ways. If you're leading a wing pair, let your wing man know that you're attacking, or breaking off, or whatever you are doing. If you're the wingman, let him know that you're still with him, or that there's a enemy coming in. Or that you have a better shot.

If we can communicate that stuff, our teamwork will improve tenfold.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down