Computer Systems and Software Settings

+3
Wolverine
alpine
Speed
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Computer Systems and Software Settings - Page 2 Empty Re: Computer Systems and Software Settings

Post  ATAG_Catseye Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:12 pm

alpine wrote:Hey guys,had to reinstall game.Turned off Steam update thingy but four files,core.dll,Bob.dll.gameWorld.dll and maddox.dll were deemed unsafe and not allowed to install.turned off firewall but still no joy.

Sounds more like an anti-virus program working. but why it would target .dll I don't know.

Can you turn on Steam "verify integrity of files cache". That should update it to the version just before the last patch. Then just patch it to get to the current version.

Cheers
ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

Computer Systems and Software Settings - Page 2 Empty Re: Computer Systems and Software Settings

Post  alpine Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:15 am

Got it,thanks for the help.
alpine
alpine
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Computer Systems and Software Settings - Page 2 Empty Continued Crashing/Thrashing

Post  Speed Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:54 am

Catseye,

Sorry for leaving the mission last night but my system crashed just as we were crossing the coast to Calais and I was just too frustrated to attempt a restart. In two separate sessions attempted in the afternoon and evening at about 90 minutes each, I must have attempted six or more missions and not one of them lasted to completion. I was repeatedly kicked out of the servers and suffered at least two complete system lockups. Long story short, despite the fact that the FPS has improved and some FM appear more realistic, the underlaying reliability of the sim is no better than it was pre-patch. I truely hope that 1C sorts this out because it takes an incredible amount of dedication to stick with this sim. I love - I hate it. Kind'a like life sometimes eh!

Anyway, glad to see you got a three bagger. That's why I was happy to hear about the Do 17s last night.

Cheers mate, we'll try it again tonight or Sunday.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Computer Systems and Software Settings - Page 2 Empty Catalyst 12.8

Post  Speed Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Just downloaded the Catalyst 12.8 AMD drivers and the Crossfire X update and now CoD crashes straight away on launch. Freezes to blackscreen and required a hard re-boot to get going again. Three times, three crashes. Tried rolling back to the previous version but the only thing that loaded was the Catalyst manager. Now I'm stuck. Between crap internet and now this it's time to get my fishing rod out.

I was always taught that if you had nothing good to say, then don't say it. So I'll stop here......
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:04 am

dnr wrote:Just downloaded the Catalyst 12.8 AMD drivers and the Crossfire X update and now CoD crashes straight away on launch. Freezes to blackscreen and required a hard re-boot to get going again. Three times, three crashes. Tried rolling back to the previous version but the only thing that loaded was the Catalyst manager. Now I'm stuck. Between crap internet and now this it's time to get my fishing rod out.

I was always taught that if you had nothing good to say, then don't say it. So I'll stop here......

Sorry to hear that DNR. I hate seeing decent people who just can't seem to catch a break. I had a similar issue a while back and fixed it with a system restore. Not sure if it will help, but it's gotta be better than beating your PC with a fishing rod.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ATAG_Catseye Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:12 pm

StiC wrote:
dnr wrote:Just downloaded the Catalyst 12.8 AMD drivers and the Crossfire X update and now CoD crashes straight away on launch. Freezes to blackscreen and required a hard re-boot to get going again. Three times, three crashes. Tried rolling back to the previous version but the only thing that loaded was the Catalyst manager. Now I'm stuck. Between crap internet and now this it's time to get my fishing rod out.

Sorry to hear that DNR. I hate seeing decent people who just can't seem to catch a break. I had a similar issue a while back and fixed it with a system restore. Not sure if it will help, but it's gotta be better than beating your PC with a fishing rod.

Maybe he's using the fishing rod to retrieve his computer from the lake?
ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

Computer Systems and Software Settings - Page 2 Empty AMD Catalyst 12.8 Gone Bye Bye

Post  Speed Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:19 pm

Problem solved.

I really thought this was going to be a major pain and since I've been very busy lately I put off trying to fix this driver thing until today. I sat down, started up the PC and expected the worst, but in the end I managed to fix it in about ten minutes. I simply uninstalled the entire 12.8 Catalyst package, but this time did not reboot when prompted (I did that last time and ended up with an almost totally black screen and the challenge of using point and click to find and reinstall the software). Instead I went to my trusty 12.6 version and installed that straight away. It loaded as smooth as a sip of 18 year old single malt served up by Christie Brinkley, so I rebooted and whalla....CoD was up and running just fine. I also figured that if my luck was that good I'd try deleting the UbiSoft spash screen video file and it did seem to make a difference in the 3D aspects rendering (on a 2D screen, so let's be clear about that), and frame rate was very stable and fluid. All in all, a total success.

Next target is the internet. I checked by service provider and was told that I had the best antenna they had. But on searching through their website, I discovered that they have a much better high-gain dish that should offer improved performance. I'm going to send my Chief Mechanic over to twist some arms and get that installed.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  alpine Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:14 pm

So,are we going to get together for a few missions soon?
alpine
alpine
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Computer Systems and Software Settings - Page 2 Empty On line missions

Post  Speed Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:41 pm

alpine wrote:So,are we going to get together for a few missions soon?

Absolutely buddy, I'm working to get back on track as soon as possible.

My connection has been very bad these past few weeks. In fact it's even been a challenge to get a good enough feed to get onto the forum. Watching the Blue Jays just now and might try to get on about 0900 hrs local time tonight. I'm not expecting much just yet but will try. I'm home this coming week then on the road from the 15th till the end of Sep. Come Oct work slows down and I should have this sorted out by then to be back on-line for regular flights.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:59 pm

StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ATAG_Catseye Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Wow! Nice!

I have an ASUS 570 OC with the dual fans. Runs very cool and overclocks nicely. It also runs CLOD smoothly. I expect what you are looking at will really do the job.

Two annoyances: first is that I spent the kind of money you are looking at for my 570 a year ago and now it is listed at $199. It's very hard to keep up with improvements and I guess one has to jump in at sometime. I like to buy what has been proven as a good card for my purposes just as the price starts to drop.

The other annoyance is: that the card is so big that it takes up two slot positions. It's important to ensure that you won't need that slot and that the card will not interfere with existing cards. Also, ensure that your power supply is adequate! Very important to drive this card.

Looks good overall.
Cheers

ps. I use MSI afterburner to manage my card and when the fans kick in during flight, you'd think you had a Merlin running beside you in your tower.
ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Well my card arrived and everything looks great except Cliffs which won't run at all. I deleted the local files and reinstalled and it doesn't even create the 1csoft folder in the documents. I'll be working on it tonight and if anyone is on teamspeak I'd appreciate some help. Thanks
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Computer Systems and Software Settings - Page 2 Empty Strange Problem

Post  Speed Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 pm

StiC,

That certainly sounds strange as you wouldn't think that a GPU would have anything to do with the creation of files or program structure. Did you check to see that your MB and card and drivers are all compatible with the GDDR5? Hey I probably don't know what I'm talking about except that I've had compatibility issues in the past when trying to match parts. That's why I bought a custom build. Otherwise that card should rock!

I saw that you were on CoD tonight but didn't read this till just now so sorry I missed helping out.

Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:18 am

It's up and running now.

Every time I fool around with my ATI drivers this happens and I have to perform a system restore to fix it. When I removed the old card I purged my HDD and registry of anything that had to do with ATI or AMD. When I installed my new card and checked the task manager after Cliffs wouldn't run there were still 2 AMD processes running. ???

Someone posted in the banana forums to reinstall steam and it worked. I'll see you on the weekend.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 am

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

How does the game look? Got a bit more visual candy to enjoy?
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:53 am

Wolverine wrote:Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

How does the game look? Got a bit more visual candy to enjoy?

I'm very happy and I'm just getting started with the tweaking. It's one good looking game.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Computer Systems and Software Settings - Page 2 Empty Still having issues!

Post  StiC Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:13 am

Every time I restart my PC I run into the same problem.

I managed to clean out the remaining ATI processes, but I thinking it might have something to do with visual c redist. I can play it's just a bit of a pain.

Update:

All is good for now. It was the VCredist. I can only hope it was the ATI processes that were the root of the problem.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Computer Systems and Software Settings - Page 2 Empty A better uninstaller program - free

Post  ATAG_Catseye Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:10 pm

I use the following uninstaller it is free and super good.

IOBIT uninstaller 2
If you use the "powerful" search, it will remove all traces of registry entries including other files associated with the install.

http://www.iobit.com/download.html

ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:07 pm

So I got a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 stick today. Windows installed it just fine. I can play with it in the controller settings. The stick applies centering force when I hold it.

but...

CloD will not start with the controller plugged in. I unplugged it, started Cliffs and plugged it back in but the game doesn't see it when trying to map the controls.

DCS World won't run either.

I did some searching but I'm home alone with the kids (outnumbered 3-1) so I was wondering if Wolverine would have some insight.

Win 7 64 pro
i7 860
8GB Ram
GTX 660

Thanks.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Computer Systems and Software Settings - Page 2 Empty Microsoft Force Feedback Stick 2

Post  Speed Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

StiC

Here's a link to CNET for the drivers in case you forgot to install them.

http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Sidewinder-Force-Feedback-2/3000-18513_4-12205.html

Here's something else I found from a Microsoft forum

Firstly I would suggest you to remove the game controller from the UBS port and uninstall the drivers from device manager. To do so, please follow the steps:

Click on start > in search box type in devmgmt.msc, hit enter> right click on game controller device and then click on uninstall > restart the computer.

Once you finish with uninstalling, please download latest joystick drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install the new drivers on the computer.

To download the driver, please refer to the below mentioned link:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downloads/default.mspx

After installing the drivers restart the computer and while restarting the computer, try to plug in the game controller, hope this might fix the issue.

I hope this information helps. Please get back to us if you have any more questions about this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Mir - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:43 pm

It's working now. Thanks for the help.

I'm still wondering what Wolverine uses to get it to work and what his settings are to get that bone jarring rattle I hear over TS.

I don't know why, but landings are much easier to stick with FFB.

Thanks again.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:21 am

StiC wrote:It's working now. Thanks for the help.

I'm still wondering what Wolverine uses to get it to work and what his settings are to get that bone jarring rattle I hear over TS.

I don't know why, but landings are much easier to stick with FFB.

Thanks again.

I didn't have to do anything special to get it to work, but I do notice that if I have a gamepad plugged in at the same time I have my joysticks plugged in I get funky behaviour. So in general, just keep your gamepad unplugged from your machine (if you have one) and it should operate fine.

The bone jarring rattle is likely the guns. They're pretty severe. I've heard you can edit the FFB settings (check the 1C forums) but I've never bothered.

FFB is great for stall warnings which is likely why you're finding landing easier. You should have an easier time avoiding spins in hard manoeuvers now too.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:41 pm

I had to use a program called simFFB to jump start direct input so CloD would recognize the stick. The program has sliders for spring, dampen, and friction they might be set too high and weakening the feedback.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:52 pm

StiC wrote:I had to use a program called simFFB to jump start direct input so CloD would recognize the stick. The program has sliders for spring, dampen, and friction they might be set too high and weakening the feedback.

Weird. Never had to do anything like that. Win 7 picked it up no trouble. I don't have a config utility for the FFB though. I just get what I get as programmed by the game I'm using it with.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:32 pm

So, for kicks I tried to launch directly into CloD without using SimFFB first and what do you know it worked perfectly. I finally got the rattle when you pull the trigger. Gotta love PC gaming.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next