From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30

3 posters

Go down

From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30 Empty From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30

Post  ATAG_Catseye Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Today, 16:26#207
BlackSix

Officer Forum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Registration: 10.12.2000Address: Moscow, RussiaAge: 34Messages: 2,602

Re: Friday, July 27, 2012. Information update

Ilya traveling today, but I got sick. I don't think that will be an information or a patch today ... I understand that some comrades here is deeply fazed, but nevertheless ...
ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30 Empty Typical

Post  Speed Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:12 pm

If at all possible, I'm loosing the last vestiges of hope on the future of this flight sim. If this patch fails to fix that which they screwed up and failed as promissed to fix with the 18301 patch, then I'm rolling back to the 15950/hotfix and will just accept the limitation of not playing on-line anymore. Seems the server community are committed to 18301, but it's now so unstable for me as to be more frustration than fun.

Just today trying to work in mission builder the thing crashed and froze repeatedly and caused me to loose hours of work (despite repeatedly saving throughout the design process). Last chance.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30 Empty Re: From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30

Post  ATAG_Catseye Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:16 pm

dnr wrote:If at all possible, I'm loosing the last vestiges of hope on the future of this flight sim. If this patch fails to fix that which they screwed up and failed as promissed to fix with the 18301 patch, then I'm rolling back to the 15950/hotfix and will just accept the limitation of not playing on-line anymore. Seems the server community are committed to 18301, but it's now so unstable for me as to be more frustration than fun.

Just today trying to work in mission builder the thing crashed and froze repeatedly and caused me to loose hours of work (despite repeatedly saving throughout the design process). Last chance.

S! DNR,
Just came across this at 1C and thought I would pass it on to you fyi.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=33541

Cats . . .
ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30 Empty Reset settings

Post  Speed Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:20 pm

Good point and some interesting tests.

I quickly jumped online, fired up a Spit and had a crash within three minutes. So, I took my settings down to medium for everything except model detail. I went back in and re-enabled the indexing function as I disabled that a few weeks ago, then it checked all my drivers and all are up to date, I then reset my vitual memory to between 25GB initial and 50GB total, however when I ran the Windows score I noticed three scores drop from 7.7 to 7.5. Don't know what that's about.

Anyway, just ran a mission in stand alone with lots of bombers, fighters and flak with no problems.

System details are:

CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2063 120mm LQ, AM3 Phenom II X6 1090T(3.2GHz), ASUS M4A87TD EVO MB, G.Skill Ripjaws PC3 12800 DDR3 1600 16 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, Dual 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 6870 (Crossfire) GPUs, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Saitek X52 Pro stick/thrust/ rudder, Cyborg, 70” Sharp Quattron, TrackIR 5
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30 Empty Re: From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30

Post  ATAG_Catseye Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:38 pm

DNR,
Hope you're on the right track re: memory useage.

If you re-enabled indexing - it uses up lots of cycles. This might affect your Windows score.

I always have indexing disabled.

If I recall, there is also an issue with the amount of memory reserved for swap file. (if that is what you are referring to virtual memory). I can' remember all the details but ideally it is supposed to be a percentage of RAM. I think if you allow windows to set it, it will show the minimum and maximum desireable. By reserving too large a minimum amount, I think it also does something with the score file.

Geeze, my memory is turning as white as my hair!!

Cheers
ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30 Empty Virtual Memory

Post  Speed Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:31 am

Cats,

I did try setting the virtual memory to system defined requirements, and it dropped back down to 16MB (I have 16 GB RAM) so I can now see how the system calculates as a percentage of physical RAM. However, as soon as I fired up CoD, I stalled right out of the gate so I went back and set min at 25,000MB and max at 50,000MB. It seemed to work ok last night, FPS were nice and smooth, little to no stuttering so I was generally happy with that. but then again, at between 30 and 45 minutes the computer would go into a hard crash/freeze frame and I'd have to get up and hard boot to shut down and restart. When ever I look at the event log, it always has error 500, thrashing that occurs several minutes prior to the crash, but I never seem to get a log event for the actual crash itself. I have only ever captured one crash dump file and don't know how to clear out my cache files, as everyone recommends, so any advise there would be useful.

Running a dual 2 GB GPU with 6 core processor so I should have plenty of computing power, just something in the software that locks this thing. I ran system monitor last night and found that physical memory never exceeds 50%, although virtual memory and hard drive get a workout (likely where the problem lays, and the main reason my score remains at 5.9 dispite all others being 7.5 to 7.7.) I also check CPUs and all are humming away well within capacity. The reason I enabled file indexing is on the hunch that CoD is filing lots of data onto the virtual memory and without indexing, might find it increasingly difficult to access these data sets, which in turn increases the thrashing, rather than eliminating it as I had hoped.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  ATAG_Catseye Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:41 am

S! DNR,
Send my a PM with your home email address.
I can send you a .bat file I made to delete the cache files.
I tried to send it via the forum but it will not accept it.

Cheesrs,
Cats.
ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Catseye wrote:S! DNR,
Send my a PM with your home email address.
I can send you a .bat file I made to delete the cache files.
I tried to send it via the forum but it will not accept it.

Cheesrs,
Cats.

Yeah the forum is set to disallow .bat files as a security precaution. There's a list of file types you can upload at the bottom of the post page.

If you zip the file, you should be able to upload it here.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30 Empty Patch Download Woes

Post  Speed Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Sorry gents for being MIA over the weekend, but I'm having absolutely no luck downloading the patch.

I managed easily to validate my files and complete an entire download of CoD through Steam in about an hour, but despite numerous attempts using every link provided, I get no farther that 11% download and it just quits. Normally I only have to wait till it hits 4 or 5% and the download just stalls and goes no further. Even if I just walk away and leave it, an hour later when I come back it's no higher. So, I'll have to find a land link and download the patch to my thumb drive. They have internet stations at work, but they are pretty fussy about what you can download, but I'll try.

Till then I'm grounded.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  ATAG_Catseye Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Hmmmm,
Does Teamspeak have limitations on file size. It is 324 Mb. in size.
Could send it to you tha way??
ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

From BS, Russian Forum Today Monday July 30 Empty SUCCESS!

Post  Speed Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 pm

YO-R has had her ignition system upgraded and she's ready to go! Will be up for a while this afternoon doing a few shakeout flights, then I'll be taxing for takeoff after the Argo/Lions game tonight. Skipper said we could listen to it via shortwave in the dispersal hut, pending Jerry interuptions!

Go Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssss!
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down