Start time and day of the French Connection Campaign?

4 posters

Go down

Start time and day of the French Connection Campaign? Empty Start time and day of the French Connection Campaign?

Post  ATAG_Catseye Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:37 pm

S! Gentlemen:
I'm unclear as tot the start time and day of the French Connection Campaign. I am very interested in joining in as an outside squad member. Also password? if required.

Cheers,
Cats . . .
ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

Start time and day of the French Connection Campaign? Empty Re: Start time and day of the French Connection Campaign?

Post  alpine Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Hey Cat's.We usually start around 8:30pm est Saturday,I'm sure that the boss will be around later to get back to you.Cheers.
alpine
alpine
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Start time and day of the French Connection Campaign? Empty Re: Start time and day of the French Connection Campaign?

Post  ATAG_Catseye Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:58 pm

alpine wrote: Hey Cat's.We usually start around 8:30pm est Saturday,I'm sure that the boss will be around later to get back to you.Cheers.

Hi Alpine,
Thanks for the feedback. That works out good for me Pacific Time.

Also, I see that 401 have a Public Server up but it requires a password - is it constrained from the public?

Cheers,
ATAG_Catseye
ATAG_Catseye

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Due to the effects of the 4.0 patch on AI behavior I think it's safe to say that we won't officially start the campaign until the 4.01 hotfix is released.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:41 am

From the TF update thread for Friday, Jan. 17

Buzzsaw posted the following regarding v4.01 and the Ai setings:

"TF 4.0 had AI elevators modeled with the modified high speed changes which were developed for more realism with player controlled aircraft. Because of the fact the AI were not able to cope with those changes and lawndarting became completely overdone, we have therefore reverted the TF 4.01 AI elevator control back to vanilla. This will see the Ai less likely to Lawndart.

If you select 'Default' values for your AI aircraft, (rookie, average, veteran or Ace) then save the mission and then close the game and open the mission file, you can edit in the following values and they will give your AI much better surviveability:

Rookie: 1 0.47 0.21 0.053 0.053 0.21 0.053 0.053
Average: 1 1 0.74 0.21 0.11 0.74 0.11 0.32
Veteran: 1 1 0.74 0.21 0.21 0.74 0.32 0.32
Ace: 1 1 1 1 1 1 0.89 1

I don't know if you can do anything with this information Wolverine, but I thought I would post it here anyway.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:16 pm

It's still dependant on the 4.01 patch since until then the behaviour will still include the elevator 'fix'.

It's a little disappointing that 4.0 was released if the only hotfix they have for this situation is to reverse it back to what it was. That kind of goes against everything they've said about testing and retesting and not releasing until it's ready. Frustrating for us. Yes, we could go back to the 3.01 patch, but then we'd be going back and forth if we wanted to still play online on other servers as well. Not to mention handicapping our ability to invite other players onto our server.

They're saying now that any true AI fixes might not be until 5.0 or even POST 5.0 patches. Again, a disappointment. Instead we get AI gunners with higher accuracy (something I've never found a problem with in the first place - if you set them to ace) various graphical tweaks, etc.

I'm truly grateful for all the TF patch work. Maybe the current team is reaching the limits of what they can really achieve, though. If they are having difficulty editing the existing AI routines for aircraft already in the game, how are they going to get the AI to work with any new aircraft they add in (FW190, Spitfire Vb, Etc.)?

Cliffs of Dover is starting to look more and more like it's heading in the Online Only direction. I think they need to hire or find someone to help with the AI and make that the #1 priority. The next patch should be entirely devoted to correcting and improving the AI.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down