Windows 10 "Is it time?"

4 posters

Go down

Windows 10 "Is it time?" Empty Windows 10 "Is it time?"

Post  Speed Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Like old age, OS upgrades are inevitable. I'm currently happy with my Win 7 64 bit performance, but I suspect it will begin to degrade rapidly between now and 2020 when Microsoft support will end. My Vista Home Premium on my laptop is pretty much kaput so I'd be updating both at the same time.

What's the verdict oh wise ones? Is it stable when running DCS? What's my best option for updating? Store bought disk or download?
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 "Is it time?" Empty Re: Windows 10 "Is it time?"

Post  StiC Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Speed,

I upgraded earlier this year and haven't had any issues. As popular as it is, your X-52 should have good driver support.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  |450|Devil Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:52 pm

I have had no problems with W10 64bit
|450|Devil
|450|Devil

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:15 am

Hello Speed....been using Windows 10 64 bit myself for well in excess of a year, and have no complaints at all! In my opinion, works well with both the usual computing tasks, as well as with IL2 and DCS simulators. Just a bit of information for you....despite the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7,8 supposedly being over more than a year ago, someone forgot to switch off the activation servers at Microsoft! I've upgraded numerous systems over the past year successfully for friends/family, most recent being about three weeks ago. Went smooth as silk, and ended up with a valid digital license in all cases! Any questions, just ask......Hawk
Hawk
Hawk
Flight Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 "Is it time?" Empty Windows 10 Update

Post  Speed Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks a bunch guys,

Really appreciate the advice and sounds like a no-brainer to get my OS updated on both my lap-top and Game PC.

I was looking at both options yesterday for buying the disks versus direct download from Microsoft and the price was the same at $185 Cdn. My only concern is that the licence key is only good for one installation. That sucks.

Hawk, if you have a clever plan for downloading direct then I'm all ears.

My game PC is Win 7 64 bit while my laptop is Vista Home Premium 64 bit, so is there a way to access Win 10 via the Microsoft downloads site?

Send me a PM if you think it best.

Cheers

Speed
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi Speed, more than happy to help. I’m still away on holiday overseas at the moment, but can lend a hand when I’m home this weekend. Upgrading your game pc will be no problem as it has 7 on it....your laptop’s a different story. Since it has Vista on it, you’ll likely have to purchase Windows 10 in that case. I’ll get a hold of you when I’m back, and get you pointed in the right direction.....Hawk
Hawk
Hawk
Flight Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 "Is it time?" Empty Win 10 Update

Post  Speed Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:54 pm

Thanks buddy,

If I can get my game PC updated from Win 7 to 10, then I'd be more than happy to buy Win 10 to replace my Vista.

Enjoy your time and don't rush back. Fall has arrived in your absence!!

Speed
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  |450|Devil Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:29 am

Enjoy Fall (Autumn to us downunder) as we enjoy the start of Spring - how do I know its Spring: the first blowfly is currently beating its head against my study window.
|450|Devil
|450|Devil

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 "Is it time?" Empty Ouch!

Post  Speed Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:15 am

Yeh, you guys have way too many little nasties that bite and sting and poison people. We just have ice and snow to contend with most times. OK, mosquitoes the size of black birds, and black flies that take a quarter-pounder of flesh when they bite, and bears that eat people in the sleeping bags and coyotes and fisher cats that snatch your sweet little Muffy when she goes out for a pee at 4 PM on a January afternoon when it's dark as midnight and -36 degrees

Oh, and yes, proper Oxford English in Canada also refers to Autumn (my bosses in the Army would always pick that up if I dared type the word "fall" into any of my staff work).

So we refer to "fall" as do the leaves of the trees in autumn.

Just to give you a bit more perspective on Canadian culture, here's a great little sampling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nes4lCAFlr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDTa1Abw7Lc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XdLheUC7kA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pASE_TgeVg8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3lzaVpOVNU

Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content