Big news regarding Team Fusion Empty Big news regarding Team Fusion

Post  StiC Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:48 pm

StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Big news regarding Team Fusion Empty Re: Big news regarding Team Fusion

Post  Wolverine Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:21 pm

A huge step forward to have access to source code. I hope that this will mean progress on the AI and things like rail lines and pathfinding for vehicles, etc., but I'm not sure they have people working on that stuff. Let's hope that now that there's some level of official support and possibilities of financial return on it that they get some people involved who have the abilities to do those things.

It seems to me pretty obvious that this comes as a result of the competition that may arise from DCS now that the Spitfire is available and the Normandy map is incoming soon. Though it may have been in the works for a very long time, I don't think it's a coincidence that this gets published or agreed upon at this time. Whatever the reason, it's still good news to have more people with a stake in WWII flight sims.

For me, a new map and new aircraft will be fun, but I'd really like to see more functionality in the assets available to us NOW. How many aircraft are in the game right now that I don't fly? Plenty. There are so many things still broken or partially broken with Cliffs that would make it almost an entirely new game with huge potential to bring back old players, bring in new players, and keep current players happy.

Wishlist for TF Simulations:

AI that can handle flight maneuvers as simple as descending from 10,000ft to 5,000ft without the formation breaking apart like confetti.
AI that can engage without every fighter going after the first detected enemy aircraft like dogs after a rabbit (they need a basic ability to cover each other and engage multiple targets)
AI that can figure out it's being attacked and evade once it has decided to RTB (they just let you shoot them and fly very nice and level while you do it)
Ground vehicle AI that doesn't play bumper cars en route along a road
Ground vehicle AI path-finding that uses the actual roads and paths instead of driving 10 ft to the side of it
Bridges, road intersections, and rail lines that work and allow path-finding across and through them
Code that identifies map objects destroyed that works in MP the same way it works in SP (this would be HUGE for mission building - absolutely monumental. It would change mission building in Cliffs as we know it)

Undoubtedly, though, this is a great step for TF and a wonderful recognition of everything they did. Congratulations to them and let's hope for great things to come.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Well this is it. They finally worked out an agreement and the ball is in Team Fusion's court.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28285-1c-game-studios-signs-agreement-team-fusion-il-2-sturmovik-c/
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Big news regarding Team Fusion Empty Cliffs of Dover 4.312 is now available on Steam as a beta install

Post  StiC Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:11 pm

StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down