Desert Wings is out. Has anyone tried it?

3 posters

Go down

Desert Wings is out. Has anyone tried it? Empty Desert Wings is out. Has anyone tried it?

Post  StiC Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:51 am

Just curious what you think.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Desert Wings is out. Has anyone tried it? Empty Re: Desert Wings is out. Has anyone tried it?

Post  Wolverine Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:49 am

I passed but there's a decent 'what's it like' thread over on the ACG forums. https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/index.php

From what I've read, it's fairly buggy, there's been a bunch of criticism re. the map, and some of the things that might have got me interested haven't really been addressed or have been addressed in only superficial ways (AI, additional scripting options, etc.).

If you still love playing CloD and there's a hole in your heart for the Wellington and the Africa theatre, maybe it's worth it. It's a pretty steep $ for what is on offer, I feel.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Desert Wings is out. Has anyone tried it? Empty Re: Desert Wings is out. Has anyone tried it?

Post  StiC Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:42 pm

Thanks Wolverine. I checked out the thread and agree with your opinions. The North Africa map has never interested me. I wanted more assets to use on the channel map, something DCS lacks, and an opportunity to use those assets effectively. Unfortunately, it looks like the issues that prevent that have not been resolved.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  |450|Devil Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:54 am

I have it but have only tried it once. The graphics are dated in comparison with DCS but I will give it some more time before passing judgement.
|450|Devil
|450|Devil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down