IL2:BoS VR support added

2 posters

Go down

IL2:BoS VR support added Empty IL2:BoS VR support added

Post  StiC Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:24 pm

777 updated BoS with VR support and the result is far superior to DCS. The game looks incredible and the gauges are perfectly readable while maintaining smooth frame rates and head tracking. The cockpits look and feel like they are the proper scale and not like DCS where it feels like I'm flying a toy. (I'd like to get Wolverine's input on the scale of DCS cockpits) Wolverine said that VR is the future of flights sims and I'll add that 777 is leading the way.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

IL2:BoS VR support added Empty Re: IL2:BoS VR support added

Post  Wolverine Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:06 am

StiC wrote:777 updated BoS with VR support and the result is far superior to DCS. The game looks incredible and the gauges are perfectly readable while maintaining  smooth frame rates and head tracking. The cockpits look and feel like they are the proper scale and not like DCS where it feels like I'm flying a toy. (I'd like to get Wolverine's input on the scale of DCS cockpits) Wolverine said that VR is the future of flights sims and I'll add that 777 is leading the way.

I'll have to give the new BoX VR a try. I tested it before back a ways when things weren't quite ready for prime time.

The cockpits in DCS seem pretty good. There's not much room to move around in these things, so it should feel pretty cramped. Unless it's a P-47, in which case you can run around the cockpit to dodge incoming fire.

The head tracking in BoX wasn't smooth before when I tested it, neither was the frame-rate, so hopefully that's been resolved for me. I really like DCS for having the Spitfire and having the upcoming Normandy map, but BoX has a lot of nice features that DCS doesn't have.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Wolverine wrote:The head tracking in BoX wasn't smooth before when I tested it, neither was the frame-rate, so hopefully that's been resolved for me. I really like DCS for having the Spitfire and having the upcoming Normandy map, but BoX has a lot of nice features that DCS doesn't have.

I guess I should have clarified that all of this is based on my current hardware, which has been struggling unable to run DCS smoothly at the lowest settings. In DCS I cannot use super sampling to make the gauges easier to read yet somehow I can run BoX on high settings and maintain a consistent, smooth experience at any altitude.

I hope you try BoX to compare the scale to DCS. There must be something off in my DCS settings because as they are now I don't think it would possible to fit my hand though the spade grip.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down