badfinger
kookaburra
|450|Squiz
|450|Devil
Wolverine
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Persistant Battle of Britain Campaign Dev Log - Page 4 Empty Re: Persistant Battle of Britain Campaign Dev Log

Post  Wolverine Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 pm

New sim goering implemented. Should be a bit more responsive to the current data. Finest Hour is now feature complete!

Hurrah!
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Persistant Battle of Britain Campaign Dev Log - Page 4 Empty Re: Persistant Battle of Britain Campaign Dev Log

Post  Atag_Freya Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:19 pm

+1 Hurrah!

One final fly-through on Saturday before the 'Big Show'' starts? Or should we switch sides so I can see Dice in a Spitfire! Lol! (I'll take pics!)
Atag_Freya
Atag_Freya

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Atag_Freya wrote:+1 Hurrah!

One final fly-through on Saturday before the 'Big Show'' starts?  Or should we switch sides so I can see Dice in a Spitfire!  Lol! (I'll take pics!)

Same as before. The new bits need a little more testing. Even still, I'm sure there will be a bug missed here or there. Plus, I've got a few more secret bits (it never ends) that I'm planning to put in before tomorrow night.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:21 am

Okay secret code revealed since it works!

When the battle progresses into late August, the Spitfire IIa will start to show up in new production batches of Spitfires. Also, Spitfires that become unserviceable will begin to come back from the refit shops with the new engines and be classified as Spitfire IIas.

You will notice the change to the asset report that shows spitfires as # / # (#). The first # is the combat ready Spitfire Ia count. The number after the / is the number of Spitfire IIa combat ready aircraft. The number in the parentheses is the unserviceable Spitfire (both Ia and IIa) count. After the IIa is introduced, the distinction between unserviceable Ia and IIa is moot since they'll all be repaired as IIa aircraft.

Okay...maybe now I'll stop adding stuff.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassius Calhoun Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:33 am

Hi Wolverine!
Nice to hear news about the project! Big job!
Could you tell us more about time zones.
Interesting how the player will be able to find out about what is time zone of Mission run now at a certain time of day?
Or will be list of the start - end  time for each other zones?

Cassius Calhoun

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Cassius Calhoun wrote:Hi Wolverine!
Nice to hear news about the project! Big job!
Could you tell us more about time zones.
Interesting how the player will be able to find out about what is time zone of Mission run now at a certain time of day?
Or will be list of the start - end  time for each other zones?

The time zone is listed in the mission briefing in the game. Just open the briefing and the specific zone is at the top under the mission title.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:23 pm

I think I've figured out a way to provide accurate Chain Home and Chain Home LOW radar for the RAF such that low level attacks can be picked up once they get close to England, but high level stuff is picked up by the other system.

More soon.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:23 am

Okay, just did some testing (Thanks ATAG_Heavy) and the new radar is set.

I've changed the description of the different controllers. They are now:
Angel (CH West)
Pinetree (CH Center)
Luton (CH East)
Alert (CH Low & Observer Corps)

The CH controllers are high altitude detection and only cover their respective radar zones (not in land observers). These can detect at very good range, but will not detect lower altitudes.

The CH Low and Observer Corps controller will detect all of the English coastline and land territory at very low altitude but has very limited range out from the coast.

To use this system most effectively, a squadron should be stationed within each CH sector (West, Center, and East) as well as one squadron being responsible for monitoring CH Low.

I may adjust this so that the entire CH system is just one controller as well if the player counts remain low, but for now we'll go with this.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  ATAG_Dice Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Wolverine wrote:

Okay...maybe now I'll stop adding stuff.

^ I`ll believe it when I see it ...nice work on the Radar tho...we`ll all give it a proper test come Friday. S!
ATAG_Dice
ATAG_Dice

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:42 pm

The last of the bomber raid missions has been added to the mission and there is now nothing missing from the code at all.

I'm locking it down for real this time and will only be fixing any bugs that pop up.

User groups and forum sections created for the two teams.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  ATAG_Dice Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:34 am

Looking back at the start of your Dev Log, it`s been a little over two months and you have gone from conception/testing to campaign start...not bad Wolverine, not bad at all.

Thank you for this, really looking forward to it.
ATAG_Dice
ATAG_Dice

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:25 am

The folks on the Three Player Coop podcast gave me the opportunity to talk about the Finest Hour Campaign. Please show your appreciation for them and all the people involved in the campaign by downloading, sharing and listening.

Facebook

Direct Link

Campaign Talk starts at around 1:23:00.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassius Calhoun Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Is there any offset of the start time mission by time zones?

Cassius Calhoun

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:27 am

The first mission that will run as part of the active campaign will be the Australian timezone. This will be (I think) 7pm Australian Eastern Time on July 10th. So, in approximately 17 and a half hours from now. After that point, all missions are active campaign missions and will not be reset unless there is a serious bug.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  |450|Squiz Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Twice in the past two weeks I have been online when Steam momentarily closed down. The effect is that the "Finest Hour" mission rolls over to the next time zone when Steam restarts. This time difference will need to be fixed by Wolverine once he is alerted and when he has the chance.

What is the best way for players to inform Wolverine of these Steam anomalies so that the server can be resynchronized?

Squiz
|450|Squiz
|450|Squiz

Back to top Go down

Post  ATAG_Dice Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:00 pm

Squiz! Your back online...(terrible state of affairs when even Blue misses you...lol)

Wolverine is really high tech...a quick PM on the site seems to get his immediate attention, which I`m sure he regrets telling me already but he may have another solution.

Stic...great interview Sir, listened to that twice...job well done! So, did you have to prepare for the questions in advance or did you just wing it? It sounded spontaneous to me, I like that type of thing.
ATAG_Dice
ATAG_Dice

Back to top Go down

Post  Atag_Freya Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:09 pm

ATAG_Dice wrote:

Stic...great interview Sir, listened to that twice...job well done!

For some reason the direct link doesn't work, and I'm not into facebook. Any other way of listening, I really wanted to hear it?
Atag_Freya
Atag_Freya

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:19 pm

|450|Squiz wrote:Twice in the past two weeks I have been online when Steam momentarily closed down.  The effect is that the "Finest Hour" mission rolls over to the next time zone when Steam restarts.  This time difference will need to be fixed by Wolverine once he is alerted and when he has the chance.

What is the best way for players to inform Wolverine of these Steam anomalies so that the server can be resynchronized?

Squiz

Yes, this may become an issue. I've been trying to think of a way around it. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Probably the best way to notify me is if I set up a special thread for 'notifications only' and people only post there if the system needs resetting. That way, if I get any kind of alert from that thread, I will immediately know I need to reset asap.

I'm still thinking. I'm sure I can come up with a better solution..
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:11 am

Atag_Freya wrote:For some reason the direct link doesn't work, and I'm not into facebook.  Any other way of listening, I really wanted to hear it?

Try this link.

Atag_Freya wrote:So, did you have to prepare for the questions in advance or did you just wing it?
I sent them a few questions about start times and how to participate, but most of it was curiosity on their part. I like pod casting but man I suck at it. I should have been more prepared.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Atag_Freya Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Ah stupid me. It wouldn't work on my computer, but tried on my iphone and whalla! Nice job, StiC!
Atag_Freya
Atag_Freya

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:01 am

Made some adjustments to the reset timers so we hopefully won't get such bad 'drift' of the mission start times. Will have to monitor and see. Not an exact science unfortunately (even though it seems it would be ;P)
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  |450|Devil Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:52 am

You is THE MAN Wolverine
|450|Devil
|450|Devil

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:03 pm

Looks like the server had an unintended restart. The East NA mission opened and closed 2 hours early.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  |450|Squiz Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:42 am

Server is still 2 hours early.

Squiz
|450|Squiz
|450|Squiz

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Yep, I'll get this fixed for the West European timezone today. Looks like Tuesdays are going to be a pain in the butt....

System reset.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next