STORM of WAR: BATTLE of BRITAIN CAMPAIGN

+2
Speed
Wolverine
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

STORM of WAR: BATTLE of BRITAIN CAMPAIGN - Page 2 Empty Re: STORM of WAR: BATTLE of BRITAIN CAMPAIGN

Post  Wolverine Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 am

Elvis wrote:Man, that's a confusing forum to navigate. I hope I wasn't supposed to post something somewhere or if my registration is enough.

Yeah, it's not too intuitive yet. I imagine they're still working out the kinks in how to go about it.

You've done what you need to do. You're listed in our squadron and good to go.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

STORM of WAR: BATTLE of BRITAIN CAMPAIGN - Page 2 Empty Re: STORM of WAR: BATTLE of BRITAIN CAMPAIGN

Post  AbortedMan Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Hey Wolverine thanks for doin whatever ya did to get us stragglers in just under the wire. I first read about this campaign and wasn't too excited until I heard about the patch and the amazing potential turnout of pilots. Now I'm stoked, hoping to be able to test out the new octane in a grandios-campaign fashion.
AbortedMan
AbortedMan
Senior Aircraftman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 pm

AbortedMan wrote:Hey Wolverine thanks for doin whatever ya did to get us stragglers in just under the wire. I first read about this campaign and wasn't too excited until I heard about the patch and the amazing potential turnout of pilots. Now I'm stoked, hoping to be able to test out the new octane in a grandios-campaign fashion.

Don't thank me yet. Maybe the patch will just cause game crashes.

I'm looking forward to all the warping with 99 players on :P
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  AbortedMan Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:23 pm

...warping?! You must be referring to the "dodge" button 1C installed in 109 cockpits.
AbortedMan
AbortedMan
Senior Aircraftman

Back to top Go down

Post  AbortedMan Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:29 pm

I've been toying with the hurricane a lot in SP quick missions VS 110's (since in this patch 109s seem almost impossible to lineup with the hurricane's current FM). I've been playing with convergence distances a lot and wondering what the recommended distance would be for our role in the campaign. I'm thinking since we'll primarily be targeting bombers a longer distance will work best?

Also, I'm fairly new to flying the hurricane...it feels a lot lighter and finicky than the spit. Proper prop pitch seems way more critical. I could use some words of guidance or training if you've got any regarding its maneuverability and speed management.
AbortedMan
AbortedMan
Senior Aircraftman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:18 pm

This topic in the Fighter Tactics and Techniques section contains a lot of detailed information about the Hurricane.

I'll add some notes to that thread myself that pertain specifically to the CloD version of the aircraft.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2