Dedicated Server Offline Indefinitely

2 posters

Go down

Dedicated Server Offline Indefinitely Empty Dedicated Server Offline Indefinitely

Post  Wolverine Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:55 am

The Virtual No.401 Squadron dedicated server will be going offline indefinitely as of today, October 15.

The costs of sustaining the server have increased recently and we simply cannot reasonably support them with the donations we receive. This is not the fault of low donations as much as it is a factor of our small group and player base. Even if we had everyone playing donating $10 a month, we could not support it.

I'd like to thank everyone who has ever donated to help support the server in the past. Your donations helped to keep us going through several campaigns and allowed us to present some interesting new maps to the community that may not have appeared otherwise.

Thanks to everyone who played on the 401 Server. You made it a great run.

Wolverine
Virtual No.401 Squadron
401squadron.canadaboard.net

Last edited by Wolverine on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Server Offline Indefinitely Empty Re: Dedicated Server Offline Indefinitely

Post  StiC Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:01 pm

In that case, will you be accepting donations for beer money?

Seriously though, I'm sure that despite our best efforts to contribute, you had to carry quite a bit of the cost to keep it all running. Thank you.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Server Offline Indefinitely Empty Re: Dedicated Server Offline Indefinitely

Post  Wolverine Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:33 pm

StiC wrote:In that case, will you be accepting donations for beer money?

Seriously though, I'm sure that despite our best efforts to contribute, you had to carry quite a bit of the cost to keep it all running. Thank you.

Well, you're not wrong. I'll just say that.

I won't accept beer money, but we do still have our forum and Teamspeak to support. Those things aren't huge costs, though.

One thing to note is that if we do decide at some point to try and foot the bill for our own server at some point, we could eliminate the cost for our TS server as well as our FTP and other things. That might ease the burden a bit.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down