Post  Speed Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:39 am

PROMOTION OF F/L WOLVERINE TO S/L RCAF_Logo

Canadian War Office
Royal Canadian Air Forces
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Dated: 23 September 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION NO.401 SQUADRON
PROMOTION TO SQUADRON LEADER (S/L)

1.     RCAF HQ Ottawa are pleased to announce the promotion of F/L Wolverine to the rank of S/L effective immediately.

2.     S/L Wolverine will continue in his current assignment as Commanding Officer No.401 Squadron (Virtual).

3.     All are welcomed to join in congratulating S/L Wolverine on a job well done.

END OF TEXT

PROMOTION OF F/L WOLVERINE TO S/L British+Censor+Stamps+(3)

Last edited by dnr on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

PROMOTION OF F/L WOLVERINE TO S/L Empty Congratulations Skipper

Post  Speed Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:26 pm

The scuttlebutt is that this was "lost in the mail" back home in Ottawa and should have been delivered many weeks ago.

The boys and I want to congratulate you on this achievement and offer our thanks and continued support as No.401 blazes ahead into a new year and new campaigns.

I think cigars and good scotch are on standby at the Dog and Bull.

I overheard Cpls badfinger and gunner saying that they wanted to "shine your new wings". Not sure what that meant but I'm sure they mean well.

Cheers

DNR
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

PROMOTION OF F/L WOLVERINE TO S/L Empty Re: PROMOTION OF F/L WOLVERINE TO S/L

Post  badfinger Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Congratulations, Wolverine. What dnr said about wing shining was close. We actually said we would like to wax your tail.

badfinger

badfinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks fellas.

We're not the largest squadron out there. We don't aggressively recruit people like some other groups do. We're also not the most skilled of groups. But in spite of that, we seem to have carved out a spot for the Virtual No.401 Squadron in the hierarchy of the other large figures in the online WWII simming community. I think that's down to the quality of all of the people we have here. We're always looking to improve on what we've done and we've always been inclusive to other groups, no matter who they are.

I think we're generally regarded as good people here, and I'm very proud of that. You guys should be too.

These days it seems like we're moving forward quite quickly. With the advent of the use of a dedicated server to host larger numbers of players (thank you, Hooves) we're set to take a place as a major player in Cliffs of Dover's community and in future sims beyond that.

Our role now is to attempt to be a good host to the community. Gracious and understanding and even handed to all. We have a big opportunity to show what we're made of.

Well, let's show 'em.

Wolverine
S/L Commanding V.No.401 Squadron
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down