No.401 MEMBER REQUIREMENTS: MUST READ

3 posters

Go down

No.401 MEMBER REQUIREMENTS: MUST READ Empty No.401 MEMBER REQUIREMENTS: MUST READ

Post  Wolverine Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Announcement:

As a result of recent events I've come to the following decision regarding our membership. There are members who participate fully, some who participate regularly, and some who participate when it suits them.

Events on Sunday have highlighted this and I think we need to do a little house cleaning, as one of our members has put it.

So here's the ultimatum:

1. All current members have been around long enough to reach at least Corporal or Pilot Officer rank EASILY at the rate of ONE mission a week logged. So, all current members must reach either Corporal or Pilot Officer by December 22nd or be removed from the squadron and reduced to public forum member status.

2. Some of you may have noticed a new forum in the members section. This is for our first squadron campaign! An official announcement was going to come a little further down the line, but my hand has kind of been forced on this. It will begin with missions set in June of 1940 and as such not be terribly difficult for us (hopefully!). It will consist of 8 missions and contain objectives that will need to be completed for mission success. We'll play through the campaign until we complete it successfully and then move on to the next one (July, 1940). This leads to the second requirement of the ultimatum. All No.401 pilots are required to participate in all squadron campaign missions or provide extenuating circumstances.

So that's where we stand. This announcement post is part of the test as well. I will not be making this information known any other way and I request that all members not share this information elsewhere or over Teamspeak. If you're a member and you can't see this message, you're not participating at the bare minimum level.

Last edited by Wolverine on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

No.401 MEMBER REQUIREMENTS: MUST READ Empty Fully Supported

Post  Speed Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Good move and I think we can take this opportunity to follow up on our Code of Conduct and operational procedures as discussed.

Also I still have plenty of missions to offer as a basis for adapting to this requirement. Let me know what you want.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

No.401 MEMBER REQUIREMENTS: MUST READ Empty Re: No.401 MEMBER REQUIREMENTS: MUST READ

Post  StiC Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Very fair. Well done Sir!
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

No.401 MEMBER REQUIREMENTS: MUST READ Empty Sqn Organization & Personnel Duties

Post  Speed Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 am

Some additional suggestions to consider:

Most military organizations are based on rank and appointment, so I'd suggest a bit more formal approach to our organization as follows. Based on a 3 plane section/six plane flight/12 plane squadron:

F/L Wolverine - CO - A Flight/Red section lead - responsible for command and control during operations
F/O DNR - DCO - B Flight/Blue section lead - responsible for operational planning, routine orders and standard op procedures
P/O StiC - Admin O - A Flight/Yellow section lead - responsible to personnel welfare, promotions, awards, citations and logs
P/O Catseye - Training O - B Flight/Green section lead - responsible to implement mandatory training and certification
Sgt Alpine - Sqn Sgt Maj - Wing - responsible for discipline, code of conduct, complaints, pilot performance review

To expand on the idea put forth by Wolverine, if we can ever get Catseye to come back we could implement a mandatory pilot training schedule that must be maintained via a separate traininig flight log (similar to our op flight log) whereby to maintain operational status, all pilots must participate and complete refresher/continuation training. Failure to participate after a certain percentage of traning is missed would result in lossing one's op flight status (ergo, no flying in the campaigns).

Pilots need to add the No.401 pre-fix to their on-line name to be considered a member of the squadron.

We also need to identify a recruiting officer from among our current membership, or just assign everyone the job of bringing in two recruits within the next 12 months.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

No.401 MEMBER REQUIREMENTS: MUST READ Empty Re: No.401 MEMBER REQUIREMENTS: MUST READ

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down