For those having troubles with nose wheel steering in the F86F Sabre

2 posters

Go down

For those having troubles with nose wheel steering in the F86F Sabre Empty For those having troubles with nose wheel steering in the F86F Sabre

Post  |450|Devil Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 am

When I installed the 2.5 Release version I noticed a significant difference in the nose wheel steering between the Release version and the Open Beta version.

Finally tracked down the problem (with some help from a few guys on the DCS Forums) to the Settings/ Options / Special settings. In the Settings / Options / Special page you need to click on the F86 icon and then click (tick) the Nose Wheel Steering Simple Behaviour box. All will then work OK when taxiing and using the rudder with the nose wheel steering joystick button to steer the Sabre.

|450|Devil
|450|Devil

Back to top Go down

For those having troubles with nose wheel steering in the F86F Sabre Empty Nose Wheel Steering

Post  Speed Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:04 pm

I actually clicked that off, not to say that's best for all.

I found a simple remedy to the nose wheel misalignment anytime the clutch system fails to grab the nose wheel. I just allow the Sabre to drift in the direction it wants to go, and by kicking the rudder controls in the same direction of the stuck wheel, and then engaging the nose wheel button, the clutch will re-engage.

Either way, what ever works for each of us.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down