Volunteer for flight duty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Volunteer for flight duty

Post  K.C. on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:47 am

Hello all.
Ive been involved in CFM since the beta for IL2 came out.
I have for the most part flown offline, but have dabbled in online play as well.
In the past I have flown with II/JG53 in IL2 '46 and briefly in CloD, in all positions up to and including Schwarm leader and instructor pilot on Bf-109s.
I also briefly flew with ACG in No. 615 squadron (because real men fly Hurris) having to leave due to familial obligation and inability to meet European timezone schedules on a regular basis.
In both cases I assisted in skinning aircraft for the groups I flew in.
I am currently (in)active in both CloD and IL2:BOS (username forsale)

Virtual 401 is appealing as the flight schedule would be easy for me to attend regularly, and the group comes highly recommended by Osprey at the ACG. I'm dying to hop back into a Hurri and 401 seems to be THE North American group for that. I feel that I can add to an already great organization.
I have no sponsor, but would be able to meet most group gatherings as I am PST (California).

Looking forward to flying with you all.
Dots

K.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Volunteer for flight duty

Post  Wolverine on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi Dots,

First of all, welcome to the forum.

We'd be happy to have you fly with us on a trial to see if we're a good fit for you. We're an odd mix of the casual and the dedicated in that we're quite easy going when we're not in action, but once the pistons fire we try to keep things professional and observe good protocols during flight.

Right now we're on a bit of leave following the conclusion of our big Battle of Britain Anniversary Campaign, but we're hoping to get back together soon to continue squadron ops.

Our regular meeting time is Saturday at 9pm Eastern. I suppose that would make it 6pm Pacific. If that's not too early for you, then pop on our teamspeak ( T331 . DARKSTARLLC . COM : 10336 (remove the spaces)) at around that time this saturday and join the discussion. We may start taking a more active role in Storm of War's current online campaign (we fly Hurricanes and Blenheims out of Northolt).

So hop on by on Saturday and say hello.

Wolverine

View user profile http://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Hey Dots,

Looks like I'm going to be a little late to the show tonight. I should be online around 11:00pm EST to answer any other questions you might have.

View user profile http://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum