User List Update

2 posters

Go down

User List Update Empty User List Update

Post  Speed Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Thanks guys, got notice of inclusion within the Finest Hour user group. Appreciate that I've not been forgotten.

Still pinching pennies as I wait (six months now) without any pension. I've tinkered with the computer on several occasions but just can't find out why it won't start. The most likely culprit is the PSU as my Cyberpower PC came equipped with an ExtremeGear 950 Watt ATX power supply. From what I'm reading on the forums, these are crap. Eventually when the cash flow improves I'll upgrade to a new PSU and get that bloody thing running again so I can rejoin all Sqn activities. Should you be kind enough to assign me a spot among the Erks, I'll be happy to sweep out the 401 Sqn hangers and even muck out a few 450 Sqn Blennies to get rid of all those empty beer cans, so I can work on regaining operational flight status (with any luck YO-R is still parked somewhere in the back and hasn't been scavanged for parts??).

I've been tracking the incredible work that's been accomplished over the past year and am absolutely blown away. Frankly it's all a bit intimidating as the learning curve looks steep. But, can't wait to get going again.

On the plus side, my service provider has indicated that our wireless technology is to be upgraded to LTE, so maybe I'll be able to get and keep a connection for a change. Hell if Squiz and Target and the 450 boys can connect from down under, I should be able to do so less than 2 hrs down the road from the 401 Server (PS, I owe you boys some money when I get going again).

Cheers for now

DNR
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

User List Update Empty Re: User List Update

Post  Wolverine Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:18 pm

My old computer is just sitting going to waste, Dean. I'll happily drive it up to you if you need it (I'll throw in one of my FFB2 sticks if you don't have one).

I don't know what the circumstances are with your pension not being paid out, but I think it's ridiculous for someone who has served. I'd gladly donate my machine and we can cobble the best bits of yours into it or vice versa to get you back up and running.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

User List Update Empty Computer Fix

Post  Speed Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:08 am

EVGA Supernova P2

Thanks for the offer Wolverine,

I've been close a couple of times to just bitting the bullet and plunking down the +$300 for a decent PSU but life always gets in the way with unforseen expenses cropping up each month. I think that the pension situation should resolve itself by August since Ottawa has finally contacted me to say that my file has bubbled to the top of the heap. So, over the next week of so I'm going to research a new unit and will probably take a leap of faith and order the new part through Newegg. Cross my fingers that this will fix the problem (my record on computer repairs is not good). So hold onto your spare PC for now and I'll keep you posted. I'd really like to get in at the beginning of this new campaign which adds a bit of new incentive to find a solution.

As for pension, yeh, it's bloody criminal to give a soldier the golden boot in the ass after 36 years of loyal service and then expect that person to survive with no pension for up to a year. Fortunately I was smart enough to build a decent investment portfolio so that's what's kept my boat afloat. As for my retirement severence package, I was casually advised not to expect that for twenty months after my retirement date. Seems their just too busy and short staff.

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, can you direct me through the nec updates (i.e. what version of CoD are you guys using? and any updates to TS? and what read-in/map downloads do I need to be compatible with the 401 Server? Don't want to be a pain in the behind, but I'd like to be ready to fly with the guys once the PC is up and running again.

Update: just ordered a new 1000w EVGA PSU that should do the trick.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

User List Update Empty Re: User List Update

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down