I heard from Dean

5 posters

Go down

I heard from Dean Empty I heard from Dean

Post  alpine Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:18 pm

DNR dropped me a line today to let us know that he was busy with both retirement planning as well as PC issues.He says hello to everyone and wants everyone to know that he has not abandoned us.
alpine
alpine
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

I heard from Dean Empty Re: I heard from Dean

Post  StiC Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:50 am

Good to hear. Thanks Alpine.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:05 pm

Very glad to hear it! Wish him all the best and hope we can see him returned to the fold sooner than later.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

I heard from Dean Empty Hello Gents

Post  Speed Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:57 am

They say the first thing to go in old age is your memory. I'd argue good looks likely slip away first, but I finally recalled my user name after many failed attempts to log in using the full monty e.g. No.401_DNR which is my user name over on the ATAG server. Anyway, it was much simpler than that.

As Alpine mentioned, I've been off-line since July when I last flew a single-player mission to brush up my skills with the intent of returning to on-line play after I was scheduled to return from my trip to the Arctic. But, unfortunately, since then my PC has refused to start and most likely needs a replacement PSU. However, not wanting to divert my hard earned cash toward an uncertain and ill defined repair bill, I chose in stead to focus on achieving my financial goals toward retirement and hold off on computer repairs until my new income stream kicked in. Hopefully now that I've fully retired from the Army, that income will start within the next month or two. For now I'm living off the proceeds of my RRSP.

From what I was able to read on the public section of the forum I see you guys have been very busy and looks like great strides are being made in the new server. I can't wait to get back into action since right now I'm dying of boredom. One can only watch so many swamp people, hillbilly reality shows before the brain cells begin to commit synaptic suicide. As I mentioned to Alpine, I have a bad history of spending a pile of money on computer parts only to replace the wrong components, so this time I'll bid my time until the time is right to take it into a repair shop and get if fixed the first time.

Anyway, sorry for the long absence and lack of comms and hopefully I can rejoin soon.

Bye for now

DNR
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  |450|Devil Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi DNR

Welcome back from the cold cold north. When is comes to computers I recommend building your own - that way your get the performance and reliability you want. Also, if any of the components play up they should have a warrant that you can call on to get a replacement. The other thing with build you own is that you can add to it as technology advances. Build for the future.
Just a thought.

Cheers

Dev
|450|Devil
|450|Devil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum