401 Weekend Campaign Rules Ready

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

401 Weekend Campaign Rules Ready - Page 2 Empty Re: 401 Weekend Campaign Rules Ready

Post  Ezzie Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:09 am

Welcome back Ruse.

Just read your post in the LW barracks -thanks.

If I get some time this week I'll put myself thru 109 ground school again and see if I can get the 109 airborne without blowing the rads etc. Depends on availability of time tho so may not get to it this week. But I agree re your comments re Spits and with limited numbers it makes more sense to fly a more capable a/c on this server.

Ezzie

Ezzie

Back to top Go down

401 Weekend Campaign Rules Ready - Page 2 Empty Re: 401 Weekend Campaign Rules Ready

Post  |450|Target Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:44 am

Hey Wolverine, I agree we should stay out of their top secret mission planning. After all it has to be realistic its not like the RAF had access to German plans throughout the war.....cough Ultra cough!!!
|450|Target
|450|Target

Back to top Go down

Post  |450|Target Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:45 am

In any case they are using some blindness ray everytime i get on their six.
|450|Target
|450|Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezzie Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:44 am

Hmmm maybe we need to use this for LW comms on here in case they are listening Ruse?

http://enigma.louisedade.co.uk/

But there's prob a bombe simulator available to decrypt it as well.

On a slightly more serious note - both sides made extensive use of Y service for tactical following of raids (The enemy is listening is one of my favourite books) which is usually not discussed in any detail by most books on this period.

Y on both sides was able to provide a lot of tactically useful intel, even more than what Freya in this server provides re a/c types and squadrons etc.

Wolverine -if u were interested I could provide you with historically based evidence of the types of info both side's Y service provided and you could maybe see if there's anyway this could be simulated. Apologies if you are already all over this and have factored it into the Freya readout already. Or perhaps it will be too complicated to simulate and not add a whole lot so not worth messing around with?

But maybe it's worth a look? it wouldnt take me long as I have several books that cover this in some detail.

Just a thought - no probs if you aren't interested.

Ezzie

Ezzie

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 am

I'm not sure how technically feasible it is, but I'm certainly interested. Put up a historical post covering it for the folks here to learn about it and I'll look into what can be done.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GloriousRuse Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:11 pm

How do I add players, by the by?

GloriousRuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2