So the Patch is out, campaing back on?

4 posters

Go down

So the Patch is out, campaing back on? Empty So the Patch is out, campaing back on?

Post  Hooves Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:13 pm

I know its been a little slow, but Im hoping the campaign is going to crank back up. I'm looking forward to flying with you guys again.
Hooves
Hooves
Leading Aircraftman

Back to top Go down

So the Patch is out, campaing back on? Empty Re: So the Patch is out, campaing back on?

Post  Wolverine Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Yes, we should see the beginning of the new 1941 campaign either this coming weekend or the weekend after.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

So the Patch is out, campaing back on? Empty Campaign Development

Post  Speed Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:08 am

Wolverine,

Looking down the road a bit to the completion of the 1941 campaign, we need to discuss options for converting our original July-Oct 1940 campaigns to incorporate recent work on the airfields and scripting capabilities. Radar not being as important in the older versions since these are crafted as straight forward scrambles with vectors, altitudes etc all pre-determined by the orders in each scenario. What we need to determine is if its necessary to try and merge old with new, or just keep it simple and add some orders for the Blue pilots and play as is?
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

So the Patch is out, campaing back on? Empty Re: So the Patch is out, campaing back on?

Post  Wolverine Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:19 pm

There's a couple of things to worry about with the conversion. First is, if we just put blue spawn points in, they will need to be in such a manner as to allow for the players to spawn in and join the bomber group. I would recommend simply putting in an several air spawn points for blue players near the initial path of the bombers at the appropriate height in order to allow them to quickly group with the bombers when they spawn in.

Something else to consider is that several of the old missions were dependant on me actually triggering the mission when we were ready to go. I would hit ESC and then load the mission with the AI aircraft in manually. Those missions will need to have that aspect of the mission automated. I would suggest that a small RED pass through trigger be put at a location near the RED airfield so that when RED aircraft have scrambled and are ready, the mission AI spawn in. The BLUE players would simply need to loiter in the correct spot and wait until the aircraft spawn in.

It'll be a fair bit of work to make the changes and then test them. I can zip up all the mission files into a zip file and post it on the forum if a group of you guys want to give it a go? Putting in the air spawn locations isn't too tough, and I can do an example file for the pass through trigger to load a mission. I don't think I'll have time to make the changes though now that I'll be organizing the 1941 stuff.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:47 pm

If you're willing to offer some support I think I can help a bit. Don't worry I'm a quick learner.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down