New WWII Air Combat Sim from DCS and RRG Studios

3 posters

Go down

New WWII Air Combat Sim from DCS and RRG Studios Empty New WWII Air Combat Sim from DCS and RRG Studios

Post  Wolverine Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:53 pm

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855052#post1855052

Looks like there will be a sim from old Luthier from Pacific Fighter / Cliffs of Dover fame along with the guys from DCS.

Sounds like there will be a Kickstarter campaign to gather funding for other aircraft as well.
From the sounds of it, these will be the starting aircraft: P-47 Thunderbolt, BF-109F or G, and Spitfire Mk.IX

Kickstarter rewards for funding goals: Lockheed P-38, de Havilland Mosquito, Messerschmitt Me.262, and even a flyable version of the Boeing B-17

I can't imagine they wouldn't also put in the P-51D. It sounds like they have very few Luftwaffe aircraft available. Not sure if that's a bad thing.

I don't expect to see anything from this project for a very long time, though. It'll probably be 2015 or even further before we see anything real from it.
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

New WWII Air Combat Sim from DCS and RRG Studios Empty Re: New WWII Air Combat Sim from DCS and RRG Studios

Post  StiC Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:04 pm

StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

New WWII Air Combat Sim from DCS and RRG Studios Empty Re: New WWII Air Combat Sim from DCS and RRG Studios

Post  alpine Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:42 pm

I'm thinking of the $100 package.
alpine
alpine
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:20 pm

I backed it. However, I'm not even sure it'll make the $100,000 they're asking. It's a shame, but I think Ilya's and Oleg's credibility to be able to finish a project on budget and in time has been irrevocably damaged by Cliffs of Dover.

For something like a Kickstarter where you're putting money up front for goods and there's no accountability...this may prevent them from reaching the goal as people hesitate to contribute to a project with no guarantees on top of a poor track record from the developer (original IL-2 notwithstanding).

Remember Cliffs of Dover took nearly 10 years to be produced and was almost dead on arrival. It's only through heavy resusitation that it's still going.

Or worse, they'll only JUST meet the goal and then be unable to deliver meaning everyone is out of the cash they put in.

So, I would say only put in money that you can afford to write off. That's my cynical advice. It's unfortunate, but there it is.

When I look at something like Star Citizen (which just hit $18,000,000 in funding from public sources) I wonder if we should take our squadron "ad astra" as it were :P
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down