Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  Speed on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:01 pm

Gents,
Watched StiCs vid, pretty good and that new FRAPS software works great. Satuday night I'm intending to video record the entire mission. If StiC could do that same we would have a two plane vantage of the mission progress and air battle. Second thing, how can we set up a video library on YouTube for our captures? I was checking out YouTube but don't know yet how to go about it. Can we set up a joint account or are these all personal? Also I think you mentioned a movie editing software?

With Hooves gone, we need to recreate our movie capability. I took one last night at 0350 in the morning and the colours are impressive.

_________________
avatar
Speed
Squadron Leader

Posts : 791
Join date : 2012-03-15
Age : 62
Location : Kingston Ontario Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  alpine on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Very cool,buddy.Keep them coming.

_________________

avatar
alpine
Warrant Officer

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-02-26
Age : 58
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Outragous Fortune

Post  StiC on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:27 am

A look at how teamwork, communication and some small amount of luck, overcame a persistent onslaught of relentless adversaries on the 9th of March, 2013.


_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  Hawk on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Excellent footage Stic...great sortie that! Note....when viewing, could hear com's from myself and Wolverine, couldn't hear any of your transmissions......Hawk
avatar
Hawk
Flight Sergeant

Posts : 144
Join date : 2012-12-16
Age : 51
Location : Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  StiC on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:53 pm

Hawk wrote:Excellent footage Stic...great sortie that! Note....when viewing, could hear com's from myself and Wolverine, couldn't hear any of your transmissions......Hawk

Thanks Hawk!
With the advice Wolverine gave me I should get the voice chat right next time. I just have to figure out why Cliffs and some of my other games won't run anymore.

StiC

_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Team Fusion MOD Test Flight 1

Post  StiC on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:00 am

The people over at Team Fusion have been hard at work making the best WWII air combat sim even better. The members of 401 Squadron were fortunate enough to be invited to test the MOD before public release. This is raw footage from one of those test flights.

I play at 1920x1080. This video was captured at 960x540 and upscaled to 720p and therefore does not truly represent live gameplay.

Points of interest:
3:30 Takeoff
18:00 Flying through the new clouds
25:30 Visible contrails
27:00 Contacts sighted
31:00 Engaging Contacts
41:00 Landing




_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TF MOD Flights 2 & 3

Post  StiC on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:35 pm



_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stic and Hawk taking on JU-88s in the Spit IIa

Post  StiC on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:06 am


_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  Wolverine on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:42 am

Nice work on those bombers. Very cruel of you to fire on a Ju88 with no engines about to ditch in the channel, StiC! Very swift death indeed.

_________________
avatar
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Posts : 1542
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 35
Location : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  StiC on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:46 am

Wolverine wrote:Nice work on those bombers. Very cruel of you to fire on a Ju88 with no engines about to ditch in the channel, StiC! Very swift death indeed.

Thanks Wolverine. After chasing them down for so long I just couldn't help myself.

_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Summer Trailer Rough Cut

Post  StiC on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:06 pm



Ideas and Suggestions Welcome

_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Suggestions

Post  Speed on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:52 am

We should pick a mission and fly with several cameras rolling at once. Then somehow, send those clips to you and you can weld them together into a truely multi-aspect film. Dramatic music works for the lead in nicely, and a cut to live voice action shots with music muted in the background would give a sense of what we experience. All in all great work StiC.

_________________
avatar
Speed
Squadron Leader

Posts : 791
Join date : 2012-03-15
Age : 62
Location : Kingston Ontario Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  StiC on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:36 am

dnr wrote:We should pick a mission and fly with several cameras rolling at once. Then somehow, send those clips to you and you can weld them together into a truely multi-aspect film. Dramatic music works for the lead in nicely, and a cut to live voice action shots with music muted in the background would give a sense of what we experience. All in all great work StiC.

I agree. I hated being limited by the number of shots I had to work with. If we do fly a mission for movie making I might just sit on the ground and capture more external shots.

_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  Wolverine on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:41 am

StiC wrote:
dnr wrote:We should pick a mission and fly with several cameras rolling at once. Then somehow, send those clips to you and you can weld them together into a truely multi-aspect film. Dramatic music works for the lead in nicely, and a cut to live voice action shots with music muted in the background would give a sense of what we experience. All in all great work StiC.

I agree. I hated being limited by the number of shots I had to work with. If we do fly a mission for movie making I might just sit on the ground and capture more external shots.

That'd be great! We should schedule a night to do this. We could create 401 skins for everyone who participates and put on a good show. You could be our guy with the 8mm.

_________________
avatar
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Posts : 1542
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 35
Location : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  Wolverine on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 pm

Suggestion for the external camera shots:

Hit F10 and use the mouse for control. It's a lot smoother and you can do much more interesting pans and smooth zooms.

_________________
avatar
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Posts : 1542
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 35
Location : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  |450|Squiz on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Great Video StiC, I will post it on our forum.

I would like to participate. Could you give me a Guide for Dummies on recording videos? Do you use Fraps or the COD program to record?

Squiz
avatar
|450|Squiz

Posts : 162
Join date : 2013-01-12
Age : 80
Location : Gold Coast, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  StiC on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:55 pm


Sorry, I had to remove the video from Youtube temporarily due to an ID-10-t error. Did anyone else notice it?

My humblest apologies.

_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mission Video

Post  Speed on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:54 am

Gents,

We could conduct a simple story board for the scenes and sequences we want to shoot then set up a mission in FMB to play these out. We could start with form up and take off from multiple angles, climb through some backlit cloud formations up to 25K feet then break into clean air to tally a bomber stream at altitude. The video shots could be timed to follow the chatter between pilots, ie top cover calling down and looking at an attacking Hurri, followed by an in cockpit shot of the attack run, then cut back to an external to capture the bomber damage etc.

Lots of scope for creativity. Saturday night would be good cause we can get the whole team on and my internet connection is more likely to work (it's that time of year again and its getting fussy). If we can get a story board done I can build it into FMB so that we get our takeoff, clouds, sun, bombers, escort, etc as we want them.

_________________
avatar
Speed
Squadron Leader

Posts : 791
Join date : 2012-03-15
Age : 62
Location : Kingston Ontario Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  StiC on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:21 pm


_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  StiC on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:35 pm

dnr wrote:Gents,

We could conduct a simple story board for the scenes and sequences we want to shoot then set up a mission in FMB to play these out. We could start with form up and take off from multiple angles, climb through some backlit cloud formations up to 25K feet then break into clean air to tally a bomber stream at altitude. The video shots could be timed to follow the chatter between pilots, ie top cover calling down and looking at an attacking Hurri, followed by an in cockpit shot of the attack run, then cut back to an external to capture the bomber damage etc.

Lots of scope for creativity. Saturday night would be good cause we can get the whole team on and my internet connection is more likely to work (it's that time of year again and its getting fussy). If we can get a story board done I can build it into FMB so that we get our takeoff, clouds, sun, bombers, escort, etc as we want them.

Sounds good DNR.

I'd like to gear it towards the London Calling campaign and use both the video and campaign as recruiting tools in the fall. I've never worked from a storyboard before it'll be nice to have some direction.

StiC

_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  Wolverine on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:08 pm

You've got the new vid set private, StiC.

_________________
avatar
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Posts : 1542
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 35
Location : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  StiC on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Wolverine wrote:You've got the new vid set private, StiC.

Crap!
Fixed.


_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  Wolverine on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:47 am

I recorded some fun stuff last night using the custom skins I made for everyone. Just AI guys flying around, but I got some great shots of a big battle at 25,000 ft with contrails looping and swirling at dusk. I'll put a few shots together and throw them up as soon as I can.

One shot is pretty great. I think YO-F is being chased by a 109 and the 109 is just about to open up and gets a few shots off before YO-R dives in behind the 109 and fills it full of lead. The 109 pulls away venting from everywhere and YO-F and YO-R keep going.

Pretty cool stuff.

_________________
avatar
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

Posts : 1542
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 35
Location : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  StiC on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:36 am

A freak accident creates a rare opportunity to capture some unique Warfront footage.


_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  StiC on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:47 am

Finest Hour Campaign July 18
Engaging JU-88s Head On


_________________
avatar
StiC
Warrant Officer

Posts : 669
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Cape Breton Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual 401 Squadron Video Library

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum