Simple Radio - May have found the problem with SRS not working in game

2 posters

Go down

Simple Radio - May have found the problem with SRS not working in game Empty Simple Radio - May have found the problem with SRS not working in game

Post  |450|Devil Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Yesterday when I tried to use SRS it did not work - only two of the green connection icons were showing.

I think I may have found the problem. When SRS was first released you were required to connect to the appropriate server (for example the KOREA 1952 SRS server address) before launching DCS and getting into the (for example KOREA 1952) multiplayer server.

Sometime time ago a fix was implemented (or perhaps it was a setting in either SRS or to multiplayer servers) that automatically connected to the multiplayer SRS server address when a player who have SRS running selected their multiplayer server. This appears to have changed in the latest update of DCS Open Beta.

Today I completely reinstalled SRS and put the KOREA 1952 SRS address in. I then launched SRS and selected 'connect'. I then launched DCS and (after waiting the usual time) selected the KOREA 1952 multiplayer server. After awaiting the usual connection interval I was able to select my aircraft (Green 1) and spawn into the game. After getting the Ground Crew to connect Ground Power - wonder of wonder - SRS was available (and the SRS panel showed three green connection icons).
|450|Devil
|450|Devil

Back to top Go down

Simple Radio - May have found the problem with SRS not working in game Empty SRS Auto Connect

Post  Speed Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:46 am

This is how I've been using SRS all along. I always disable auto connect in the options tab, and then select the Korea server manually before launching DCS. The downside of this is that if you do experience an interruption of the SRS connection, it will not auto connect again. Similar to TracIR, you have to get out of DCS, reconnect SRS to the Korea server and then restart DCS.

If they have fixed the auto connect function that would be great, but so far I haven't trusted it enough to try.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down