Suggested Mission/Ground Attack Video

5 posters

Go down

Suggested Mission/Ground Attack Video Empty Suggested Mission/Ground Attack Video

Post  Speed Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 pm

401 Sqn pilots,

I know we normally chase bombers and fighters at altitude, but I'd like to suggest a mission to give Hooves a great video opp with lots of pyrotechnics. I've done it many times before and the results are pretty impressive, and not only that, it would deal Jerry a serious setback to their invasion plans!!! Gotta protect the Dog and Bull at all costs.

Suggest that we form a three or four ship flight (or more if the guys want in on it) for about 2200 hrs CT this Saturday night. Form up and take off from Manston, climb to Angles 10 on a bearing of about 135 degrees and then about 10 miles out from Calais start a shallow dive toward the huge fuel tanks along the harbour. There are four clusters in all (three of which will explode), and I usually dive from the North parallel to the coast, hit the first, pull out and bank right to put me back out over the water, then dive again to hit the second along the jetty, follow through inland and bank left to come around to the North again then hit the third, turn right again and come in for the final run against the big tanks astride the inner harbour (that's the really big one).

It takes less than five minutes so should give you a concentrated sequence. Then we can break out over the water climb and wait for the crowd to show up! Should be some good hunting as they'll all be looking at the fireworks instead of their six.

Who's interested? Could be next week's feature on youtube.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Suggested Mission/Ground Attack Video Empty Re: Suggested Mission/Ground Attack Video

Post  StiC Tue May 01, 2012 5:20 am

Sounds like fun. I'm in.
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Suggested Mission/Ground Attack Video Empty Re: Suggested Mission/Ground Attack Video

Post  Wolverine Tue May 01, 2012 8:40 am

Good plan, Dean. You can lead the mission. We can fly it sometime tonight if possible. 2200 may be a bit late, though. Can we aim for 2000 CT?
Wolverine
Wolverine
Squadron Leader

https://401squadron.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  alpine Tue May 01, 2012 9:10 am

Sounds good.
alpine
alpine
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Suggested Mission/Ground Attack Video Empty Mission timing

Post  Speed Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Unfortunately I have to work tonight, but could do it Wed night instead. Let's do engine start at 2200 hrs CT, takeoff 2215 or when ready. Still waiting to hear from Hooves, our Cbt Cameraman.
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  StiC Tue May 01, 2012 5:37 pm

I made a practice run today, but I'm not sure which tanks to hit. Any one care to post recon photos?
StiC
StiC
Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Suggested Mission/Ground Attack Video Empty Mission timing

Post  Speed Tue May 01, 2012 6:51 pm

We'll go for Wed 2100 hrs CT and if I get home earlier enough tonight, I'll make a quick run in to Calais and snap a picture then I can doctor it up to show our route in, target sequence and route out. If we could get a three or four plane attack run with top cover and capture that on video, I think we'll all be up for CoD movie of the week awards!

2150 hrs local time and just got home from work, so too late to fire up ol' YO-R for flying tonight. Still have not heard from Hooves so if you were talking with him on line tonight, hopefully someone mentioned the mission.

So, I'll be at Manston, Wed 2100 hrs CT (9:00 PM Toronto/New York time) and if Hooves in with us we'll get a great video, if not, we can to a live rehearsal for next time we all get together. "See" you tomorrow night.

P.S. check out to Gallery, got some new posts there.

Last edited by dnr on Tue May 01, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : follow up info)
Speed
Speed
Squadron Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxic Wed May 02, 2012 1:08 am

Sounds like fun! I'll be there!
Toxic
Toxic
Pilot Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down